Top data analysis, marketing analytics, and automation solutions for 2022
Businesses prosper when people make the right decisions based on trustworthy information. To make this happen, businesses are constantly searching for high-quality data. By automating your data workflow with the right data analysis, marketing analytics, and automation tools, you can get data and reports fast and with varying levels of detail.
We firmly believe that your choice of tools should be in line with your business goals, as there is no perfect solution that suits everyone. On the one hand, generic free software may not meet your business needs. On the other hand, if you buy an expensive multifunctional tool, you may end up using only half of its capabilities. You should choose your toolkit based on your current situation, the needs of your business, and your budget.
Let’s look at the top tools placed in two categories, so you’ll be able to find the right tool for your needs from this list.
Note: The tools below are listed in alphabetical order.
Table of contents
Top data analysis and marketing analytics tools
Data analysis tools are a must for understanding business data and helping employees make informed decisions. Modern tools offer machine learning and artificial intelligence features to equip users to make data-driven decisions based on collected data. By applying these tools, specialists can get a holistic picture of all processes and react fast to market changes.
Modern marketing cannot drive actionable results without using marketing analytics tools. This type of software helps specialists measure marketing performance. With the help of marketing analytics tools, you can:
- Collect and analyze marketing data to track changes and uncover trends
- Create reports and dashboards to obtain insights into customer behavior
Adobe Analytics provides very detailed web performance measurements for enterprises. It has a wide range of feature sets and capabilities, providing deep analysis on aspects of digital marketing and enabling businesses with various dashboards for different audiences to continuously monitor their KPIs.
- Ingest any data from any system — digital, call center, IoT, and more — and use a flexible data schema that isn’t bound by order or the hit-visit-visitor model.
- Get direct SQL access to any data stored on the Adobe Experience Platform so the user can stitch and prepare for analyses like pathing and attribution in Analysis Workspace.
- Find insights and make decisions in real time using drag-and-drop visualizations for any number of data dimensions, metrics, segments, and time granularities to analyze the customer journey.
- Transform customer engagement views from device-centric to person-centric by retroactively stitching together visitor profiles across devices.
- Get advanced reporting — dynamically build and analyze conversion journeys on multiple pages with advanced fallout reports, and apply customizable default settings for greater conversion and traffic reporting.
- Analyze multiple reports on one screen, letting you see side-by-side comparisons without having to toggle between tabs.
Note! “From December 31, 2023, Adobe intends to discontinue Reports & Analytics and its accompanying reports and features. Most Reports & Analytics features are available in Analysis Workspace.”
AppsFlyer is a tool for mobile advertising attribution and analytics that helps marketers optimize ad spending, specify targeting, and verify when traffic converts into app installs and post-install events. With its help, departments like marketing and media buying can prove the growth and success of their campaigns. AppsFlyer also provides a fraud protection feature that helps to remove irrelevant sources from targeting.
Users like this service as it’s an easy-to-use solution for simple tasks. However, it can also be a powerful platform for those who want to get deeper insights.
- Connect with the tools the user already uses by importing AppsFlyer data into business intelligence tools or integrating with a marketing automation partner using an API.
- Be ready for anything with multi-layered protection from mobile ad fraud.
- Get a complete and accurate view of the performance of all campaigns on a single dashboard.
- Build campaign-specific dashboards for daily analysis with a simple drag-and-drop interface.
Funnel is a cloud-based ETL platform that helps you keep track of metrics and makes it easy to report on marketing performance. It collects data with limited granularity from platforms across the customer journey, including advertising, analytics, and CRM.
Funnel has direct connections with many popular platforms, allowing for quick presentation and visualization of data. As its visualization tool is basic, however, it’s better to send data to visualization apps or data warehouses. For example, you can export data to Google BigQuery and, from there, to Google Data Studio.
The Funnel platform can be a bit confusing to configure at first, but unlike some other services, there’s no need to have constant internal developer support. New users can be trained easily and quickly.
- Gather data from any platform: Google Ads, Bing, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, etc. (500+ marketing solutions)
- Clean, group, and map data using point-and-click data transformation tools.
- Automatically combine sales data with advertising data to accurately report on KPIs like return on ad spend, revenue, and conversion rate.
- Send data to any visualization tool, analytics platform, or data warehouse with scheduled exports.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is used to track website performance and collect visitor insights. With Google Analytics, it’s possible to create advertising reports for free and apply advanced features such as data-driven attribution. However, Google Analytics doesn’t account for data from a CRM or non-Google services unless it’s imported manually. The free version of Google Analytics is suitable for small and midsize businesses. If you need to analyze large volumes of data, you can upgrade to Google Analytics 360.
Note! The previous version of Google Analytics (Universal Analytics) is no longer the default option, so the sooner you start using New Analytics, the better.
- Get an official mobile app, email alerts, an external reporting API, and integrations with multiple Google products.
- Understand how people use websites and apps so marketers can take action to improve their experience.
- See how to acquire users, their behavior on the website after acquisition, and their conversion patterns.
- Customize data with advanced filters, custom channel groupings, content groupings, and calculated metrics.
- Generate reports on multiple campaign touchpoints that users engage in across sessions along the conversion path.
Note: If you want to learn more about the features of New Analytics, we suggest reading these articles: Google Analytics 4: The future of analytics and New Analytics news: data-driven attribution for all.
The Insider Growth Management Platform is a martech service that merges data across channels, applying real-time predictive segmentation powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. Insider focuses on personalizing the customer experience across the web, mobile web, mobile apps, messaging, email, and advertising channels.
The platform makes marketers’ lives easier, as it’s easy to implement and simple to use. By using Insider, marketers can get a better understanding of their customers as they get unified and detailed profiles of customers, their preferences, their behavior, etc. Based on these insights, marketers can improve their content, communication, and services.
- Integrate a martech stack with ease and stitch together offline and online customer data to create a complete view of the customer experience.
- Out-of-the-box AI models predict purchase, churn, lifetime value, and other key customer engagement metrics.
- Identify, define, and target your audience with 120+ attributes including traits, behaviors, and preferences.
- Create intelligent segments that speak to individuals on their level — factor in discount affinity, likelihood of purchase, lifecycle stage, and more in real time.
- Create location-specific experiences localized by country, state, city, or custom geofences.
Looker is a BI tool that is used to build different reports to rate business performance as well as to create dashboards and data visualizations. The service is great for beginners with no BI experience. Looker also offers templates for faster report creation and data visualization. By applying the service, marketing and sales teams can monitor how customers use products, spot risk zones, and find growth opportunities in advance.
- Connect directly to live, raw-level data and use efficient visualizations to drill down from each dashboard for clarity into what’s happening right at the moment.
- Easily share data-rich visualizations anytime, from any device.
- Make dashboards and reports actionable using pre-packaged integrations with top SaaS applications.
- Set alerts for everything from dropping sales and fraudulent orders to ETL failures. Schedule reports to keep up with business performance.
- Embed findings from Looker’s BI software with tools like Salesforce, Confluence, Sharepoint, and Powerpoint.
- Connect Looker to any database that supports SQL queries and automatically generate a basic LookML model.
Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is a powerful platform perfect for displaying data in a useful and interactive way. With hundreds of supported data connectors and integrations with other Microsoft services, Power BI enables you to generate actionable insights and provides you with visual analytics at your fingertips. From the beginning it can be difficult to use the service; however, Power BI can become your new Excel once you’ve mastered its features.
Power BI helps you to analyze and explore your data by connecting, mashing, modeling, and visualizing it. Power BI also allows you to share content with others as well as to ensure it’s always up to date with automated refreshing.
- Access data from hundreds of supported on-premises and cloud-based sources, such as Dynamics 365, Salesforce, Azure SQL DB, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Use features like quick measures, grouping, forecasting, and clustering.
- Give advanced users full control over their model using the powerful DAX formula language.
- New AI capabilities pioneered in Azure and now available in Power BI require no code, enabling all Power BI users to discover hidden, actionable insights and drive more strategic business outcomes.
- Tell data stories using a drag-and-drop canvas and hundreds of modern data visuals from Microsoft and partners, or create your own using the Power BI open source custom visuals framework.
OWOX BI is a unified platform that empowers you to collect, prepare, and analyze all your marketing data. It automates data delivery from siloed sources to your analytics destination, ensuring data is always accurate and up to date. OWOX BI allows analysts to automate the routine, derive business value from data, and ensure data quality.
By applying OWOX BI, you can get business-ready data according to your business model with transparent data quality monitoring and an easy-to-use report builder for unlocking insights without SQL or code.
- Automatically upload campaign performance data from over 500 marketing and advertising platforms to Google Analytics.
- Merge high granularity data from your website, offline shop, Google Analytics, advertising services, call tracking, and CRM systems.
- Build reports on ad campaigns (ROI, attribution), ROPO, RFM, cohort and CPA partners analysis, LTV, and CAC to measure what works best in your marketing.
- Manage queries and upload data to Google Sheets with the free OWOX BI BigQuery Reports add-on.
- Prepare business data with prebuilt final datasets prepared according to your business data model.
- All data is stored and processed in your Google BigQuery project. You have complete control over access to your data and can decide whom to share it with.
- Transfer your data directly into Google Data Studio or move it from BigQuery to BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, and Power BI with integrations.
grow 22% faster
Grow faster by measuring what works best in your marketing
Analyze your marketing efficiency, find the growth areas, increase ROIGet demo
Qlik Sense is a platform for self-service analytics, from visualization to reporting. It has the ability to combine multiple data sources as well as integrate with numerous other data tools including Tableau and Power BI. Qlik can be used in various business departments (retail, supply chain management, warehouse, e-commerce. etc.) to derive insights from data. The platform is able to connect to multiple data sources with ease and is great for loading a large dataset and showing it on a single dashboard.
- Get analytics with a full range of augmented capabilities: AI-generated analyses and insights, search and natural language interaction, machine learning, and predictive analytics.
- Deploy a full enterprise SaaS solution or use Qlik Forts, a hybrid service that extends SaaS analytics to wherever data resides.
- Provide data-driven alerts that help users proactively monitor their business and take timely action based on insights.
- Create and explore analytics on any device through a responsive web client or native apps for iOS and Android.
- Build, publish, and share great looking reports in popular formats like Microsoft Office and PDF.
Supermetrics is an ETL tool that automates data integration from multiple online advertising platforms and supports customizable presentations and visualizations of the aggregated data. The service delivers data from 80+ sales and marketing platforms into the analytics and reporting tools marketers use — whether that’s a BI tool, a spreadsheet, a data visualization tool, a data lake, or a data warehouse. Simply put, Supermetrics enables marketers and analysts to spend more time using data and less time moving data.
- Extract cross-channel marketing data in JSON or CSV formats or with custom output formats for Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik.
- Import cost data from various ad platforms into Google Analytics to see ad spending and results in one place.
- Set up automatic data refreshes and scheduled emails to always have relevant data in reporting tools.
- Set up automatic refreshes and rule-based email alerts to get notified every time campaigns are underspending or overspending.
Tableau is a BI tool that delivers interactive visual dashboards in real time. It can connect to a wide range of data sources and apply AI and ML to deliver suitable solutions for different tasks across a wide range of industries. Tableau is well known as a powerful and flexible framework that produces dashboards and data visualizations. It has excellent integration with the Salesforce CRM, as it's owned by Salesforce.
- Access and combine disparate data without writing code.
- Connect to data on-premises or in the cloud, whether it’s big data, an SQL database, a spreadsheet, or cloud apps like Google Analytics and Salesforce.
- Quickly build powerful calculations from existing data, drag and drop reference lines and forecasts, and review statistical summaries.
- Create interactive maps automatically. Built-in postal codes mean lightning-fast mapping for more than 50 countries worldwide.
- Share visualizations and underlying data securely using Tableau Server or Tableau Online.
Top marketing automation tools
Marketing automation software helps with workflow optimization by automating marketing tasks such as lead generation, social media posting, and email marketing. With its help, marketers can:
- Create targeted content
- Personalize and customize client communications
- Reduce time, money, and resource costs
ActiveCampaign offers email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM tools to create incredible customer experiences. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ prebuilt automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM data for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
Since the platform empowers marketers with lots of automations, the learning curve is steep.
- Track contact engagement with tags, custom fields, analytics, and performance reporting.
- A drag-and-drop automation builder lets you set up automated workflows in minutes.
- Track customers’ micro-conversions to pull them to the messages they want to hear.
- Event tracking lets you define events that make the most sense for your business.
Creatio is a platform for process management and CRM functionality. The service provides a range of solutions for businesses of all sizes. It offers a no-code platform (Studio Creatio), CRM applications (Marketing, Sales, and Service), industry workflows designed to streamline everyday marketing and workflow processes for 20 verticals, and marketplace add-ons.
The support options provided by the tool are wide-ranging. Moreover, the Creatio Academy offers a wide range of training content and contains lots of documentation. There’s also the community forum, which can be a source for solving technical problems. All this support comes in handy while navigating Creatio’s interface.
- Apply customer-related data from all touchpoints to develop a holistic view of customer preferences and needs.
- Use a 360-degree customer view to build targeted communications with clients.
- Apply no-code tools to build segmented audiences based on socio-demographic and behavioral data.
- Create highly personalized messages, use split testing to choose the most effective emails, and launch massive bulk email campaigns in a few clicks.
- Keep track of changing customer needs and match them with an appropriate product or service.
- Extensive integration capabilities (.NET tools, REST, SOAP, OData, open API); sophisticated tools for identity and access control and company org structure management allow for swift integration of Creatio into the ecosystem of any organization.
Eloqua is a marketing solution for launching cross-channel marketing programs and unifying all prospect and customer marketing signals in a single view. The tool is perfectly designed to answer the needs of enterprises. Eloqua helps companies generate a higher return on digital marketing investments, create customer loyalty through superior campaign performance, and make real-time performance decisions during critical campaign cycles.
The Eloqua platform equips marketing organizations with intelligent campaign management, flexible data management, accurate lead generation, and insightful sales enablement tools to engage buyers when they want to be engaged on their preferred channel. It integrated with over 100 third-party platforms.
- Respond to unpredictable customer journeys and adapt the experience or move customers to a different campaign to better match their interests.
- Easily create multi-step or simple campaigns in minutes using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that spans multiple channels such as email, display search, web, video and mobile.
- Use SMS messages to send event reminders, important product updates, and invitations to provide feedback.
- Assemble segments for targeting using unlimited data from CRMs, web visits, internal systems, and third-party platforms.
- Use secure cloud apps for Salesforce and Oracle Sales to easily configure and connect your CRM and Eloqua.
HubSpot Marketing Hub
HubSpot Marketing Hub is an all-in-one marketing, sales, and service tool. It has a reputation as leading sales and inbound marketing software, helping businesses in all customer ways to attract new visitors and improve conversions. The platform also provides countless free resources for self-education, which can become a great support for those who want to excel as a marketing expert.
HubSpot Marketing Hub is a perfect solution for companies that want powerful yet easy-to-use software. It’s designed mainly for small and medium-sized businesses that aim to automate marketing and are looking to consolidate their sales, marketing, and customer service efforts.
- Manage Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google Ads inside HubSpot, and track which ads are turning prospects into customers.
- Host and manage video files inside HubSpot and easily embed them on social media, on web pages, and in blog posts.
- Monitor and prioritize conversations and publish to social networks with the same tool you use to create campaigns.
- Use bots to qualify leads and scale your efforts to focus on the conversations that matter most.
Mailchimp marketing platform
Mailchimp is an email service provider that can be used by both small and big companies that want to reach out to their audience. It has unique abilities to analyze audiences from email and other channels, helping marketers to enhance their content according to brand demands and to launch improved ad campaigns.
There are many email templates to use (abandoned cart recovery, new subscriber welcome, birthday and anniversary emails, etc.). However, Mailchimp doesn’t offer SMS campaigns. If you want to incorporate them, you have to use Mailchimp’s integration. Also, the service provides postcard ads and digital ads.
Within the Mailchimp platform, you can also generate social media campaigns and publish posts to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. There’s also the possibility to track performance (likes, shares, impressions, and so on). For tracking, you can use the desktop or mobile app.
- Deliver relevant messages to customers based on who they are and how they interact with the business.
- Update customers on their purchases or account activity with personalized transactional emails using the API or SMTP.
- Date-based automations: reach out to people on big days, like birthdays or anniversaries.
- Delivery by time zone: ensure contacts receive emails at the right time wherever they are.
- Reward loyal fans with special sales, offers, and promotions.
ManyChat is a popular platform for chat marketing. It offers automated interactive conversations in Instagram Direct Messages, Facebook Messenger, and SMS to grow your brand. ManyChat has a structured and flexible interface, a lot of chatbot elements, and lots of possibilities to grow your chatbot. The tool can easily connect to most popular e-commerce services like Shopify, PayPal, Stripe, ActiveCampaign, and Google Sheets using direct integrations.
ManyChat has lots of articles to provide you with technical help along with free video courses. There’s also a large Facebook community (101K+ people) in which you can ask all kinds of questions and learn more about the platform.
Overall, ManyChat is a comprehensive chatbot that can meet most professional marketers' needs. The free version can be sufficient for small businesses.
- Create personalized and interactive conversations in SMS and Facebook Messenger from digital ads, website visitors, QR codes, or even comments on Facebook posts.
- Respond to buyers instantly on their phones, show them the products that fit them best, and get them to buy them inside Facebook Messenger or on your website.
- Link ManyChat with your Shopify store and send messages to users who abandon their cart.
- Connect customer conversations on Facebook Messenger and SMS to conversions on your website to quickly test, learn, and optimize.
Omnisend is an easy-to-use platform that helps to drive sales impact with powerful, e-commerce-tailored email and SMS marketing. It offers full integration with e-commerce platforms, pre-built automation workflows, and intuitive, no-code editing, making it easy to get up and running without diving into the gritty details.
Though its main competitor Mailchimp has more features overall (mobile app, free website builder, etc.), Omnisend is much easier and more flexible. Omnisend isn’t about strict pre-made templates. It’s a great choice for detailed, customized marketing automation.
- Provide customers with a consistent, personalized experience by reaching them on their preferred messaging channels.
- Use pre-built messages, subject lines, and workflow settings to get up and running in minutes.
- Recover more abandoned carts by using pre-built series with automated email and SMS messages.
- Drive more sales by suggesting recommended products based on customers’ previous orders.
- Test to see which channel, incentive, and subject line drives the most conversions.
The top tools mentioned in this article can deliver deep insights into your business data, providing your company with a major competitive advantage.
Choosing the right solution can be complicated, so we’ve tried to make it a little easier for you by gathering the most popular tools of 2022. Besides facilitating in-depth research and offering technical capabilities, ensure that the tool you select suits your business needs so you can get results as soon as possible.