PPC Report Template for Marketers and Agencies
You should never launch a PPC campaign without first preparing reports that will show the true efficiency of your investment. Smart marketers prepare report templates before they even prepare advertising campaigns. All other marketers experience more or less painful budget drains and then prepare reports anyways.
In this article, you’ll get a set of ready-to-use PPC templates that you can incorporate into your current reporting or use them to set up your reporting from scratch. You can use these reports for analyzing PPC campaigns, controlling the cost per conversion, optimizing budgets, managing advertising campaigns, and making business decisions.
They’re suitable for agencies launching PPC advertising for lots of clients and for paid search specialists working in the marketing department who need more than simple Google Ads report templates. Compared with building reporting from zero or manually working with PPC spreadsheet, using templates has some virtues you can’t ignore.
Table of contents
- 3 biggest reasons why PPC specialists should use templates in their reporting
- All-in-one Performance report from OWOX BI Smart Data
- OWOX BI Performance report template in Data Studio
- Digital Marketing Paid Channels KPI template in Data Studio
- Merchandising template in Data Studio
- Advertising Campaign Efficiency template in Data Studio
As the quality of any report depends on the quality of the data on which it’s built, we strongly recommend you use a specialized tool like OWOX BI for collecting and blending your data. With OWOX BI Pipeline, you can collect any type of marketing data for reports of any complexity in one safe data store (such as Google BigQuery) without the help of developers or data specialists.
We automatically merged all necessary data into a single storage with the help of OWOX BI and now we are ready to share some PPC templates based on this data.
3 biggest reasons why PPC specialists should use templates in their reporting
- The first benefit of using PPC templates is that they’re literally ready to go.
Someone has already thought about everything you might need. Just check if the set of graphs and tables is suitable for your needs, check the sources used in the report (and check if all PPC data you need is available), and use the report in a familiar interface. You can implement and test templates quickly, and you can stop using them if they don’t suit your needs. Reports you build from zero in endless PPC spreadsheet can’t be rejected so easily, whether they’re good or bad.
- The next benefit is the possibility to personalize or deconstruct any premade report.
While your PPC reporting may be as unique as your fingerprints, you can find lots of ideas for your custom PPC reports while reviewing ready templates. The best reports are always compilations of other successful reports.
- The last benefit is the simplicity of use and the mass popularity of reporting platforms.
With the help of platforms, you can easily share, edit, access, and explain any template and how it works with your data. You don’t have to be a Swiss Army Knife marketer to work with tools such as Data Studio and OWOX BI Smart Data. More sophisticated tools, on the other hand, have a higher barrier for entry in terms of data manipulation skills.
If any of these benefits are attractive to you, save your time and get straight to the best PPC reports!
All-in-one Performance report from OWOX BI Smart Data
This report shows your PPC campaign’s key metrics in one place based on all your behavioral, cost, and revenue information. Thanks to data from your website (e. g. from Google Analytics) and CRM-system, the Performance report demonstrates the success of your ad campaigns measured by your customers’ purchases.
Benefits of the Performance report:
- All channels are presented for a line by line comparison
- Separate channel-based report automation
- Included data quality checks
- Real-life values of performance indicators
- Possibility to edit and modify the template, add custom metrics, and even include offline data
With the Performance report from OWOX BI Smart Data, you can control the efficiency of your ad campaigns from one screen and be sure of the security and reliability of your data.
To build a full performance report, open Smart Data and follow the instructions. OWOX BI can import the following types of data:
- User behavior data (from your website, Google Analytics, or AppsFlyer)
- Ad cost data (from your advertising accounts)
- Revenue data
- Email campaign data
You’ll also be able to build a similar report in Smart Data based only on your ad campaigns and website data. The level of complexity and nesting is up to you. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get started with this template:
Drop us a line if you’re struggling with OWOX BI Smart Data, and we’ll give you a hand.
OWOX BI Performance report template in Data Studio
This is a one-page hero template for all your paid advertising with a column for your main key performance indicators (KPIs). It has plenty of filtering and segmenting options for taking a closer look at your campaigns and helps you compare channels and see their true efficiency.
The data you need for this report includes:
- Website data — be sure that all conversions are described and have accurate values
- Full ad campaign costs — starting from social media (e. g. Facebook Ads) and ending with Google Ads
- Information on your goals and marketing plans
Digital Marketing Paid Channels KPI template in Data Studio
This multi-page report template takes an in-depth look at each PPC or advertising channel. It also helps you monitor and control the loading history of your data so you can keep your reports reliable and helps you avoid data losses by keeping your data constantly updated for reliable reporting.
This template is designed for managers who want to overview the PPC situation while ensuring data quality. To generate the report, you’ll need data from the following sources:
- Advertising accounts
Merchandising template in Data Studio
This report analyzes the efficiency of your PPC campaigns in the product groups dimension. It’s used for:
- Avoiding inefficient advertising that leads to unavailable products
- Analyzing total budget funding and ad efficiency for different product groups
- Comparing Add to basket / Checkout actions for different product groups
This report is extremely useful for retailers and online shops. To use it, you need to blend your ad group data with website product grouping and listing data.
Advertising Campaign Efficiency template in Data Studio
Advertising Campaign Efficiency template is created for dynamically tracking your main PPC indicators. It’s an everyday report for PPC practitioners and marketing managers who spend a lot on PPC. On the first page, you’ll find all the main indicators on the timeline. The second page contains in-depth research of each indicator in different dimensions.
You can also use this as a PPC monthly report template if you wish. It can be used for efficient decision-making based on the data it contains. To build this report, you’ll need:
- All ad campaign data + website data
- Costs + revenue data
- An explicit understanding of how your KPIs should be calculated
If you’re a PPC specialist who wants to become more efficient or a CMO that feels the danger of draining your PPC budget, try these templates to keep your campaigns efficient and consistently achieve success.
Let us know in the comments below what free ads templates or PPC reporting templates we should add to this article to complete our collection.
What are the benefits of the PPC Performance report?1. All channels are presented for a line by line comparison.
2. Separate channel-based report automation.
3. Included data quality checks.
4. Real-life values of performance indicators.
5. Possibility to edit and modify the template, add custom metrics, and even include offline data.
What do you need to build a PPC monthly report?To build this report, you’ll need:
1. All ad campaign data + website data.
2. Costs + revenue data.
3. An explicit understanding of how your KPIs should be calculated.
Why should PPC specialists use templates in their reporting?There are 3 big reasons why:
1. The first benefit of using PPC templates is that they’re literally ready to go.
2. The next benefit is the possibility to personalize or deconstruct any premade report.
3. The last benefit is the simplicity of use and the mass popularity of reporting platforms.