Pavel Loba, Tech Lead at OWOX BI
It is a common fact that product blocks on the website increase the conversion rate and average order value. But products of what categories and in what blocks should be placed to maximize the effect? Where to place headphones or a hat to increase sales in the category?
To increase revenue per customer and a site conversion rate by changing product display on the website and improving online merchandising efficiency.
Data to be analyzed:
- What product blocks on a website does a customer choose more often and how it depends on a product category.
- An average cost and CTR of a product, depending on its placement on a website.
- How many times the product has been added to the shopping cart from a certain block and how it depends on a product category.
- The income of the particular product block on the product card or, in general, on the website.
- What kind of a product block is used more often for adding an item to a cart: «Bestsellers» or «You may also like»?
- Where is it more effective to place accessories, for instance, headphones on the cell phone product card: in «Kits» or in «Related Products»?
- What block would be better to place in the cart to increase an average order value: «Kits» or «Accessories»?
- How should you rank items in the product block, for instance, «Featured Products» to increase the average margin on the order?
Results are used by:
- Usability specialists to improve the interface.
- Category managers to increase the number of sold kits and improve content-related product blocks.